Premier Physio COVID 19 Protocols and Patient Guidelines
As you are aware, the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) has allowed us to reopen our business. However, we are still encouraged to offer virtual remote consultations wherever possible. For this reason, if you require a physiotherapy appointment your physiotherapist will contact you before you book your appointment to decide what is the most appropriate course of action. This will either be by telephone or video/remote format. Following this consultation, you may both feel you require to be seen face to face, if this is the case you need you to agree to read and abide to the policy documented below, and sign our consent form. Face 2 Face treatment can only be provided when there is a compelling clinical need that outweighs the risk of infection
See our Covid 19 Referral Flow Chart
Due to Covid-19, we have adopted this new policy which all patients must follow. Anybody who does not follow these guidelines will be refused treatment. The safety of our patients and staff is paramount.
We accept that it is impossible to eliminate completely the risk of virus transmission, however, we have put in place the following procedures to dramatically reduce the risks as far as possible.
For all patients entering the clinic, the following protocols must be adhered to: -
- Only one person will be permitted in the waiting room at a time. We urge you to attend your appointment at the scheduled time and not before. There will be a 15-minute gap between appointments. (Although if preferred, you can wait in your car and the physiotherapist will come and collect you. Just notify them prior to the appointment)
- Patients must attend alone unless an adult chaperone/translator is required. No children unless the actual patient is a minor
- Upon entry into the clinic, the patient must remove any gloves worn and use the hand sanitizer provided just inside the door/waiting room. All door handles and surfaces will be cleaned by the clinic staff between each patient.
- You will need to agree to have your temperature taken and document in your patient records using an ear thermometer
- You must inform the clinic if you or someone in your household has been unwell in the 14 days before your appointment. If you need to cancel your appointment due to a COVID-19 related issue our normal cancellation policy will be waived, and you will not be charged. A questionnaire will be provided in the waiting room for you to view and sign on the day of the session
- Patients over the age of 16 are expected to attend their appointment alone, unless permission has been given by the physiotherapist, prior to the appointment.
- The physiotherapist will always wear full PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when they are within a 2-metre distance of the patient, including face mask, visor and apron.
- Both the Patient and the Physiotherapist must always wear a face mask when they are within a 2-metre distance of each other. Please bring your own mask to your appointment
- Clinic windows will be kept open to allow for ventilation where possible
- Following every patient contact, the physiotherapist will clean all the equipment, door handles and surfaces and they will replace their PPE for the next patient.
- Toilets at both clinics will be closed, unless for emergency use only
- In event of track and trace procedures being required where the physiotherapist has been diagnosed with Covid-19 your contact details will be passed on the NHS contact tracers.
- Patients will be declined treatment if temperature is deemed high, or refusing to comply with other infection prevention protocols
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this difficult time.
Jamie Oldroyd - Premier Physio
To arrange an appointment, call now on 0191 597 7536 or email us at email@example.com.
Back to top